Dental Cone Beam CT
Serving Port Credit For Over 40 Years – New Patients Welcome!
Port Credit Smiles is one of the few dental facilities in Ontario approved to provide 3D-imaging by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. Dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is a special type of x-ray equipment used when regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. Dr. Alley may use this technology to produce three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single craniofacial scan. Images obtained with cone beam CT allow for more precise treatment planning, especially in regards to implant dentistry and high-risk wisdom teeth removal.
What are some common uses of the procedure?
Dental cone beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning. This incredible and unique technology allows us to collect important detail to provide care with the utmost safety and reduction in risk to our patients. It is useful for more complex cases that involve:
- surgical planning for impacted teeth.
- diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- accurate placement of dental implants.
- evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
- detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
- determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
- locating the origin of pain or pathology.
- cephalometric analysis.
- reconstructive surgery.
Contact Port Credit Smiles today – 905-274-4151 – to learn more about our 3D Imaging services and to schedule a consultation.