Welcome Back and Hope.
We hope that you and your family are in good health and spirits during the challenges caused by the Covid-19 global pandemic. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we were closed to do our part to protect our patients, our dental team and our surrounding community. As Dr. Alley treated swollen faces and urgent dental pain, many of you have been patiently waiting for several months to get lost fillings, broken teeth and toothless grins repaired (….good timing for our new mask-wearing fashion trends). We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide full-scope dental care for you and your family. While many things have changed since our closure in March, one thing has remained the same at Port Credit Smiles – our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols and environment. Dr. Alley made several significant investments to guarantee the safety of our patients and our dental team, including commercial medical-grade air purifiers that provide six-types of filtration including hepa, activated carbon and UV filters, cleaning the air in each private treatment room within minutes. Enjoy a breath of surgically clean air! We have also decided to apply protocols that exceed the guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Health and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask pre-screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office. All dental appointments need to be confirmed by phone to allow for this pre-screening.
- We will be taking your temperature and you will be asked to wear a mask when not receiving dental care. If you have a fever or symptoms, you will be asked to reschedule your dental appointment.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your care and call or text us when you arrive so we can let you know when you can enter our office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- Sadly, our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, brochures, coffee, juice and water to reduce any risk to patience as those items are high-contact surfaces and are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in our reception are at any one time. We are fortunate to have enough space to practice physical distancing and we have new signage as a reminder.
- You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, please call or text our office at 905-274-4151 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to safely welcoming you back!
Dr. Jordan Alley & Your Port Credit Smiles Team
Our top priority is to deliver oral healthy services in the safest environment possible for both our patients and dental team. We have put several measures in place that exceed the infection protocols recommended by Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Chief Medical Officer of Health.